Saturday, December 22, 2012

monorail wine train!

Whoosh, this week went by fast - probably because it was full of fun events!

On Tuesday night I went out for a 忘年会 (bounenkai), or year-end party, which was for the ladies at my work but nonetheless included one of our male superiors, haha. It was at semi-fancy restaurant called Gotham with very delicious food, and I had a good time eating and drinking with everybody.

Wednesday I had dinner with one of my friends at a very cute place called Afternoon Tea, which was clearly decorated to appeal to women, haha. After that I went to salsa night again, which was fun as usual, even with only a few people.

On Thursday I had my last evening frisbee practice of the year, which was pretty chilly but still good - I even managed to catch a few goals during our scrimmage, which is a very rare occurrence, haha.

Yesterday I went on the Chiba Urban Monorail's wine train with a few of my coworkers, which was super super awesome! I wrote about it in more detail on my travel blog here (read it!), but basically we got to drink wine and eat dinner while riding the monorail, which was pretty much one of the coolest things I've done since I got here. :D Afterward we met up with our boss and sang karaoke, which was also super fun! Admittedly I didn't recognize most of the songs and failed a little bit at the Japanese ones I tried to sing (for some reason they were all super high or just hard -.-'), but it was great to have fun with my coworkers outside of work, since I don't get the chance to that often. :)

And in less than two hours I will be on a bus to go volunteer somewhere in Miyagi Prefecture! I have no idea where exactly I'll be or what I'll be doing, but I'm sure it will be a great experience (assuming I don't freeze to death). I'll certainly blog about it when I get back, so until next time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment